We had a very busy weekend. Friday evening we took down the Christmas tree and then had dinner with Tony and Nick at Soup Plantation. Nick came home to play a few games of Sorry.
Saturday was spent on a Habitat for Humanity build. Jim and I spent most of the day taping drywall seams in the attic. I was really afraid of the plywood boards resting on the rafters that I had to walk or crawl across to do my job. The ladder was sort of scary too. Learning and conquering fears is the best part of volunteering for Habitat. It is amazing that a bunch of volunteers, over several months, can build a home for a family. Jim and I had a small piece to do but without help the project cannot move forward.
In the evening we went to a Belgian Beer Tasting party at Edie and Mike's house from church. We bought a ticket to the event at the Service Auction in October. Instead of selling stuff, the majority of auction items are events at church people's homes. We had a wonderful evening sampling the beer and visiting but I woke up Sunday morning with a bit of a hangover from drinking six different beers.
Sunday we went to church and then took Christina to pick up her new car, a 2007 Ford Fusion. It is very beautiful. Afterwards, we went to Santa Monica to walk around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment