It has been four weeks since Barrack Obama's election. He has been busy selecting his cabinet and advisers. For the past two days the focus has been on his economic team. Obama needs to restore our confidence in the economy.
I , for one, am not very confident. My job is secure because I am tenured. Even if my current position is cut I would be go back to a school as an administrator or teacher. It would mean a pay cut but I think I would be much happier working with children and families. But, even though I have a secure job and money I am hesitant to spend. It seems so frivolous to buy when there are people really suffering.
One of the suffering families are Christina, Jack, and Luke. Jack was laid off from his job as an electrician on Halloween. So far he has not found another job and they are living on his $450 a week unemployment. The worst part is the loss of hope . They were very happy when Jack got this job during the summer because it meant a little raise. They were both so happy to be independent and making what they think is a good salary. Both talked about saving for a house. Now there dreams and aspirations have to be put on hold.
I believe President Obama has the gumption to fix this economic mess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Very succinctly worded.
Luckily like you I'm reasonably safe in my job( at least for a couple of years )& at the moment the main vacancies showing in the local jobs paper are in schools so if the worse came to the worse I wouldn't be so worried I would probably find employment reasonably easily..
However I know its not just down to my personal situation that will affect me , the spectre of my chap and my friends all being made redundant looms large, things that will alter my life far more for the worse than I like to contemplate .
However I
Post a Comment